Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas Tree

I'm pretty sure that putting up the Christmas tree is one of my favorite days of the whole year - maybe even my favorite day of the year.  I'm also pretty sure that I'm the only one who feels this way in our house :)  It's probably the nostalgia of the Christmas music playing and the dim lighting with the tree lighting up the room and the reminiscing about each ornament as we put it on the tree.  I just love it. And this year was no different.  

The boys were wildly crazy with the other decorations as I got the tree out and set up.
After the lights were on - which was a little make due this year as our pre-lit tree had only one remaining set of lights at the top of the tree still working and no other strands to be found except a bush net -- I made it work, haha - it was time to get out the ornaments.  
Each year my mom would take me to Hallmark and let me and my sister each pick out whatever ornament we wanted.  I've always remembered that tradition with fond memories, so I've continued the tradition with my boys.  This year we had to go on a late night hunt for their ornaments as the local Hallmark store had closed and Kohls only had a handful of ornaments.  So at 8:30 one night we went across town to find just the right ones.  This year we picked:

Can you guess who picked what?  (Family photo - me, Laser Tag gun - Levi, Train - Titus, Turbo - Isaiah and The Who - Mark)


After putting on a few ornaments, it was time to go crazy with more Christmas decorations!

And then do some more! 
And then go a little more crazy!
Yeah, this is definitely one of my most favorite days of the year!

No comments: