Wednesday, August 5, 2009

a big boy bed - kind of...

The crib we bought for Isaiah way back before he was born is a 3-in-one crib that turns from a crib to a toddler bed to a headboard/footboard for a full size bed. For months now we've been talking about making Isaiah's crib into the toddler bed - the rail was right under the crib and it would take just a few screws to make the switch, we just never did it.

Well today I decided it was time. I thought maybe it would help Isaiah sleep at night again. For the past several nights Isaiah has not been sleeping. One night he just would not fall asleep until after 12:30! He was wide awake and nothing would help him sleep - not even late night TV! Another couple nights he woke up after a couple hours of sleep and couldn't get back to sleep -- daddy even slept with him on the toyroom floor one night to help him sleep. Needless to say, he's been extra tired and cranky! So - like I said - I was thinking maybe this will help. I guess we'll see tonight!

I'm not overly confident though, he didn't sleep at all at nap time today - he got up 3 times to go potty - which I'm guessing is because I told him that with his new bed he could get up in the night and tell me when he needed to go, and he did go all 3 times he got up. He did stay in the bed otherwise at naptime today and just looked and looked at books and his magazines. (He get's High Five Magazine by Highlights -- and he loves it! Especially the "That's silly" page).

Here he is in his "new bed" pretending to sleep!

A little while later Isaiah and Jayda had run off to Isaiah's room, I peaked in to find this: And this is what I get for letting the two big kids entertain themselves while I put the bed together: HA HA - they were so funny jumping on the matress and sticking ladybug stickers all over themselves, each other and the mattress! :)

I'll keep you posted on how the "new bed" works out!

No comments: