Thursday, June 30, 2011

smart boy!

The boys and I were reading bedtime stories tonight, just like every night, and it was my night to pick the books!  (We usually take turns picking them either by night or by book - it's actually surprising to me just how often it is my turn!  I think Isaiah likes it when I pick - and Levi, he is so go with the flow, he'd give up his turn every night!  We normally read 3 plus a Bible story, but some nights they talk me into more:)  

My first pick tonight was this one...
 Then Isaiah went to pick which book we were going to read next (out of the books I picked) and he says, "HEY!  is that the same boy that was in the last book?" as he looked at the cover of one of my next choices...
and what do you know - if you check out the illustrator in both books it's the same one!  Her drawings in the books were similar - especially the little boy who was in each one.  It's incredible to me how smart my boys are, how much they notice and pick up on! After all the times I've read both of those books, I still hadn't noticed!  I love the little things in our lives.

by the way, after noticing this he decided to pick my other book as the one we would read second and save Tumble Bumble for last.:)  Wonder what my third book was?  

No comments: