Tuesday, June 19, 2012

kindergarten roundup.

So I know this is the first of many days that will bring tears to Mark and my eyes as our oldest son is growing up so quickly and starting school.  It is bittersweet to watch him become a boy - full of life and excitement - part of me wishes he would stay little forever--and the other part of me is so anxious to watch him become who he was meant to be and how he will change this world.  I know God has big plans for this sweet boy - bigger plans than I can even dream up - and it feels like we are starting that journey now...

Isaiah was beyond excited the morning of kindergarten roundup - he woke up and was dressed before he even came out of his room.  He will almost always fuss or whine if I tell him he needs to wear jean or khaki shorts instead of athletic shorts, but this morning I didn't even have to tell him - he just knew and did it.  He could hardly contain himself until 8:45 came around so we could actually leave to go to school...
It was the morning of kindergarten roundup that Mark found out that we were leaving Isaiah at elementary school all by himself with teachers we really didn't know for a few hours.  He thought that we were going with him and when he found out the reality of what was going on, it hit him hard that our baby boy is really getting big!  (Unfortunately Mark had to miss the parents meeting about kindergarten this winter due to work)
 When we got to school, Isaiah had absolutely no reservations about going in or being nervous about us leaving him there, he was nothing but excited! 
 And when he got in the building he walked up and signed himself in just like that.  
 We took him to the library and with nothing more than a quick goodbye that was it.  Our little boy was at kindergarten roundup and the rest of the family just left.  After a few hours we all went back to pick him up and he was ECSTATIC about it.  He said he had so much fun and loved it.  He couldn't wait to wear the new school t-shirt that he was given and said he liked all the new friends and teachers he met.  It was a great preview for him - and maybe more importantly, a good preview for Mark and I.  I'm really trying to prepare myself for my little boy to be a school aged kid - and away from home for a good portion of each school day.  Oh my, here we go! 

No comments: