Monday, December 10, 2012

Trunk or Treat x2

The boys were so excited about Halloween this year.  They LOVE to dress up and playing costumes has always been a big hit around here (but is now slowly fading).  My sister came to town the Saturday before Halloween so we went to one church's Trunk or Treat.  The boys were thrilled, but mainly because of the big jumpy house that was set up :)  We made the rounds and ate lunch before spending a long time in the jumpy house.  They can never get enough.   Good thing the entire Trunk or Treat event was pretty much chaos because my sister and I and our 6 children added our own share to it! :)
The next day we went to another church's Trick or Treating event - and wow - we were not expecting what we found - an entire gym made into a Western Town all out of cardboard boxes.  It was amazing!  I think Mark and I were more impressed than the kids! Another fun Halloween activity with really huge yummy cookies at the end!  
I know there are a lot of negative, spooky, and naughty roots when it comes to Halloween, but I love the innocent events that come with Halloween and young kids - all those bad things don't mean a thing!  What a fun way to spend the weekend!  

No comments: