Sunday, September 8, 2013

Isaiah's 7th birthday party!

Isaiah turned 7 in September!   His birthday happened to fall on a Wednesday this year and he had decided he wanted to invite several friends to play laser tag.  Rather than hoping to make a school night work, we had our first birthday party before the actual day.  He was super excited about (another) laser tag party and insisted that he wanted his theme to be GI Joe Ninjas (which I still have no idea what this really is -- and he has never seen the movie/cartoon or whatever it is) but he was sure so I went with it.  (He was the black GI Joe Ninja for Halloween last year too :).  
After lots of thought and online searching I just could not come up with a good cake idea so at the last minute I had a sugar sheet made for this cake.  (I literally had this made on a whim from an extra invitation that I happened to have in my purse - had I known that HyVee can do this kind of thing I would have changed a few things, but he loved the cake and that's all that matters!)
As we were waiting for his friends to arrive, Isaiah was so excited and jumped for joy each time someone showed up! 
Once (just about) everyone had arrived we had the kids sit down together so we could go over some rules
And then the laser tag began! 
I'm pretty sure they were all super excited about it! 
Even Titus got to join in the game!  He is just one of the big boys!
Coming up with a strategy! 
Titus quickly got tired of the laser tag so we hung out up front - a few of the younger kids came to join us after about an hour - we had our own little games of duck, duck goose and musical chairs. 
The whole party! 
Back Row: Devin, Mark, Derek
Middle Row: Drew, Liam, Keegan, Fletcher, Kyle, Vivi, Cooper, Caiden
Front Row: Owyn, Jayda, Isaiah, Jonah, Levi
After the laser tag it was time for cake!  
Then on to presents!  
What a great way for Isaiah to celebrate his birthday.  He is blessed with lots and lots of fun friends! 

No comments: