Sunday, April 18, 2010

violets and a little boy.

When Isaiah and I walked into the backyard this morning we found lots of pretty purple violets throughout the yard. I hadn't noticed them before, but I think after reading Megan's post about Emily having so much fun with violets I was looking for them. Emily is just a few weeks younger than Isaiah so I thought he might like to pick them too. So we each picked a few flowers and I ran in to get a cup and some water. By the time I got back, Isaiah had a handful of dirt in his hand and said, "I got this dirt to help the flowers." So he poured it into the cup of water and I encouraged him to pick more flowers. He picked one more and then got more dirt. He then said, "you pick the flowers and I'll get the dirt" I ended up picking a cupful of flowers...
and he continued to play with dirt and rocks for another hour. we did find a little tree that we picked and put in the old dog dish that I let the boys play with. He kept putting rocks around the tree. He said, "I have to use these rocks to protect the tree." He wondered if it would grow. But before long the tree was old news...
when he realized the dirt turned into mud...that he used to "paint" the boat.
Goes to show that my Isaiah is such a boy. which is exactly what he should be! :)

No comments: