Saturday, February 11, 2012

snow

When the weather got cooler the boys just about refused to play outside, even when it wasn't that cold, they still wouldn't go.  But as soon as the snow hit the ground they were all about being outside and have since spent hours and hours out in the snow this year!  The favorite things are sledding down the "hill" that we have on the side of our house which is actually a second set of stairs but works great for them to sled down and pushing the trucks around in the snow.  They also are always up for a good snowball fight - but only if they are the ones doing the throwing! :)  It's nice that they are big enough to play together and by themselves outside and I can stay in with the baby and watch from the window.  I have gone out several times with them too.  You will see in the picture below our snowman they named Frosty.  The boys also made a little one with my dad too (not pictured).  Looking through my pictures, I've obviously not done a good job getting good snow pictures so far this year.  Next time they are outside I'll definitely have to get some good ones! 
 The last time my sister was up here she brought Liahna's snow gear and the cousins had a good time playing out in the snow for quite awhile too.
As nice as the weather has been this winter, for the kids sake I hope we get at least one more good snow!

No comments: