Monday, February 27, 2012

tales of the working mom

About 2 weeks after Titus was born I realized that things in our home were going to be (even more) non-stop crazy (for the next 18+ years) and that I was going to need to take very slow steps back into the working world.  Mark's business was booming over the holidays and school winter break and the outlook of it slowing down is no where in site plus life with 3 boys (plus Caiden) is 3 full time jobs alone, but work is a requirement for our finances so I went back to work on Monday February 20. ( If you don't know, I work a job-share position at my work.  The jest of it is that me and another employee share ALL of the benefits of 1 full time position - the 40hrs, the insurance benefits, the vacation, etc - we each get 1/2 of what a full time person would. ) February 20 marked 10 weeks off work so I'm using the rest of my 12 weeks by working half of my normal hours or 10 hours a week for 4 more weeks.  I must say it hasn't been too bad going back into it and I'm extremely glad to be taking it this slow (if you've got maternity leave in your future, I suggest it!).  I've been back to work a total of 3 days now and...

Day 1

I had everything set to go the night before work-bottle in the fridge, clothes set out for the baby, etc and felt confident things would be okay.  I called home mid-morning to ask how things were going and Mark said, "good, but I couldn't get the shirt you set out on Titus so I put on a different one." No big deal.  He then sends me a picture message of the baby...and I got a good laugh.  See why...
he's in a size 2T t shirt

Day 2
Mark wakes up as I'm getting ready for work and obviously is not feeling well.  He can barely talk, is coughing constantly and just looks under the weather, but I don't feel like I can call in on my second day back from maternity leave so he knows he just has to get through it.  All seemed to go well that morning - the kids were fed breakfast & lunch and he got Isaiah and Caiden to school.  Baby was happy and Levi was good too.  I go to pick Isaiah up from school to find that he's in Levi's size 3T pants which look an awful lot like capri's on Isaiah.  hmmm

Day 3
My departure was a bit more like I expected from the start - Levi cried as I left and I just had to go.  (I was expecting him to have a hard time with my return to work).  I had a long meeting at work and didn't get a chance to call home until noon - things were going good, Isaiah was staying home from school today because he had what Mark had (we had a very sick weekend at my house and Isaiah had a fever the night before so we knew he wasn't going to school).  I get home to three happy boys and a happy husband - everyone is feeling much better (not quite 100%).  Then Mark says, "I'm pretty sure I put Titus' outfit on backwards, but he doesn't seem to mind so I just left it." :) ...
(notice the feet especially)

What is it with him and clothes? haHA :)  love him.

No comments: