Monday, May 14, 2012

Easter in pictures.

He is risen!  And we did lots to celebrate!  

It was finally my turn to head to a classroom party so on Good Friday I went to Isaiah's preschool class party.  It just so happened that Isaiah was also the "leader" that day.  On leader days you get to bring a snack for your class, bring show and tell, lead the carpet time activities and be the line leader when going out to the playground.  I was very excited about it and so was Isaiah.  It was so fun :)  by the way - notice Isaiah's super sweet boots - these were his all time favorite footwear from the day he opened them on Christmas Eve (thank you Grandma Cindy and Grandpa Mark!) and we gave up on trying to get him to choose other shoes -- pretty classy, huh? haha
My dear friend Kammy held her very last annual Easter egg hunt.  Her son decided that he was done with Easter egg hunts after this year so she decided it would be her last.  She's invited Isaiah to this hunt since he was 7 months old - so it will be sad next year when there is no Kammy hunt - but the boys sure loved it this year! And she went all out with big Easter baskets for each kid that was invited.  Thank you KAMMY!
I can't remember if it was the back of our Rice Krispy's box or a commerical for them that I saw the idea to make little birds nests and Easter eggs Rice Krispy treats, but where ever I saw it - the boys and I enjoyed making them -- and eating them the day before Easter!
Easter morning the boys woke up to find that the Easter bunny had left a little treat.  We really don't make a big deal about the Easter bunny either way - I think it's a fun thing to do so I figured a few batman things I found on the 90% off clearance section of the dollar isle at Target would be fun (yep that's right 10 cents each!) and a chocolate bunny each (even a dark chocolate one for me and a peanut butter chocolate for daddy -- okay maybe the chocolate bunny thing was a bit selfish haha:)
After church we went over to my parents house to celebrate with my parents, my sisters family, my Grandma Irene and Uncle Tom & Aunt Sheri.  We had fun dying Easter eggs and enjoying the beautiful weather.
Then the dad's went out to hide about 150 eggs for the kids to find.  Another fun thing for the kids to do and the adults to watch!
Then it was time to relax and get a little gift from Grandpa and Grandma.  Levi loved his bug puzzle and Isaiah was VERY excited about his Angry Birds t-shirt.  He was also super excited to get a chance to play Angry Birds!  Funny thing was we had 3 kids old enough to use an Ipad and all 3 of them playing at one time (my dad, Mark and my sister each have one!).   And Aunt Sheri got in some cuddle time with the baby!
We are so thankful for our freedom in Christ and that we have so many friends and family to spend this life with!

(Our small group also had a little Easter party with an egg hung, but I remembered my camera and forgot the memory card so I didn't get any pictures...check back, maybe I will get some.)

No comments: