Tuesday, May 15, 2012

our little fish.

I'm finding it to be so fun to watch each of my boys' strengths come out - I guess I knew they'd each have activities that they enjoyed more than others, that they'd excel at faster than others and maybe even catch on faster than their peers, but I didn't realize it would start when they were so little.  Levi doesn't seem all that little to me, I mean I have a 5 month old baby to compare him to - he looks like big kid - but he really is still so little.  And he is a little fish.  He is a good swimmer!  We've known since he was 2 that he loved the water, that he had no fear of water and he would gladly get in the water whenever the opportunity arose (there have been more than one occasion when we had to jump in fully clothed after him in the pool so he wouldn't drown!).   With all this being said, I'm sure you can guess that Levi passed his preschool swimming lessons this spring with flying colors :)  He LOVED just about every minute of it.  I will say that he was probably the youngest in the class and one of the most restless in the class - a bit of a challenge to keep him on task, but mainly because I think it was very easy for him - and he still did great.  He was doing the front float and back float all the way across the little pool without her help and each time he was done she'd respond with a huge grin and a "Awesome Levi!" or "Wow Levi!!"  The teacher was so impressed with him and was super excited when we asked her about private lessons.  Her response was, "YES!  He has so much talent.  Give me one lesson with him and I'd have him swimming across the pool!!!"  So I think we will do private lessons for him - as he already agreed that he wants to do it.  But one of the cutest parts of the whole spring swimming lessons was several times on our way to them he'd say, "I really want to go to swimming lessons without the teacher!"  He wanted to be able to jump in and play and splash :)

I'm so very proud of Levi and his swimming skills.  I'm happy that we've found something he enjoys so well even at 3 years old.  Who knows if he will still enjoy swimming when he gets a bit bigger, but if he does it will be a new experience for me as I've never been to a swim meet and have no clue what's all involved in the sport.  But for now, I'm just glad we've got a positive way to let out some of his oh-so-much energy!  So with that being said - who's up for some pool days this summer?!
By the way - I tried and tried to explain to Levi that he didn't need to wear the swimming shirt to lessons since they were indoors and the sun wouldn't be shining on him, but for all of the lessons but one he insisted that he needed to wear it! :)

No comments: