Sunday, October 7, 2012

boys will be boys.

Not a day goes by that I don't think about how "boy" my boys really are.  They are fearless, rough, tough, dirty, stinky, crazy, wild, rowdy...you get the point!  So when they find a toad sitting in our "little" garage minding his own business I immediately felt sorry for him.  The boys decided that they needed to hold him and play with him and then they decided they needed to make him a home and then require that he stay in that home while we ate dinner.  The home was an old space station toy that is meant for little people toys.  Then they made him a playground of rocks and even offered him some food (mud).  I'm not an animal rights activist and I really don't know all the things they stand for, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have approved of all the fun that the boys were having with the little toad.  After a few hours of play, I did convince them it was time to let him go find his mommy because I was just sure she was wondering where he was.  
As crazy as life is with these rowdy boys - I wouldn't trade it for the world!

No comments: