Sunday, October 14, 2012

Kiara Leigh

My sister had her third daughter on September 18. She is such a precious little peanut.  Not only does my sister have daughters and I have sons, but she has little babies when I have big ones.   As soon as I knew she was on her way, I made arrangements to head down to Iowa City to meet her as soon as I could after work!  Just like with her big sister, Liahna, other than my sister, her husband and the doctors and nurses, I was the first to meet the little addition!  :)
 It must be the magic of having a third child that made me and my sister both opt for the epidural the third time around while going without the first two times.  My sister thought it was an amazing thing -- me -- I'm still on the fence :)  I was lucky enough to get to watch the sweet baby be all cleaned up and then I got a chance to hold her.  What a doll.  Titus was the only boy that made the trip with me and he just wasn't so sure about a new baby in my arms - he quickly started fussing which made the new baby fuss -- I think he was just trying to give my sister practice right off the bat of what it's like to have 2 little ones around (her middle daughter is 18 months old). 
 Not too long after I got there, my parents brought up the big sisters.  They were excited to meet their new baby sister...but I think they may have been more excited about seeing their mommy and the chocolate ice cream from the snack room :)
And of course my parents were so pleased to meet their 6th grandbaby.  
 Congratulations Nichole and Jay on your beautiful daughter Kiara!

No comments: