Tuesday, November 27, 2012

leaves

The leaves this year were absolutely gorgeous.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm getting older and paying more attention to things like this or if they truly were more colorful than years past, but I did find myself just marveling in the beauty of all the leaves this year.  We have leaves galore in our yard and always take full advantage of the yard waste pick up each week during the fall, plus the 2 full weeks of daily pick up.  Levi was my leaf partner this year.
 It often seemed to workout to do some yard work while Isaiah was at school and baby was napping.  Levi didn't mind coming out to make huge piles with me or to keep me company doing one thing or another while I filled up the bin.  

Titus made it out in the leaves plenty too.  He was still pretty content playing in one spot for much of early fall so he would sit and hold and look at the beautiful leaves.  This red tree in our backyard is the most beautiful by far.  Levi and I even picked some leaves and sent them to family to share it with us!
 Unfortunately Isaiah wasn't out in the leaves quite as much with us - kindergarten just gets in the way! :)  But he did spend his fair share of time INSIDE the yard waste bin - his new favorite spot - he begged me to give him rides all around in it.  He loved to try to guess where I was pushing them to.  I tried to trick him, but he was a pretty good guesser about where he ended up. 
I love these days with my boys!

No comments: