Saturday, August 24, 2013

Day at the Beach

Mark needed to go up to Clear Lake for business one day in July and it worked out for the boys and I to come along.  After dropping Mark off, we hit the beach!  It wasn't the hottest day of the week, but who cares when it's sunny and you can soak up the sun and the water??  We all had a great time!
It was the first time that I allowed them to go free without life jackets all by themselves and they did great!  I love just sitting in the sun and watching my boys enjoying the water.  What a great day!
I did bring several buckets, shovels, and sand toys for the kids to play with too.  Isaiah was really the only one interested in them, but I was glad I brought them!  
After several hours the boys were ready to go explore the playground and the splash pad.
Titus and Isaiah wanted nothing to do with the freezing splash pad water, but Levi had tons of fun running through it.  (horrible picture though!!)
Then we headed to "The Christmas Park" as Levi calls it.  It's the playground in the big park by the public beach in Clear Lake.  We had to go up for business last winter right when it was decorated with Santa's workshop and other Christmas decorations.  While Mark was in his meetings, Levi, Titus and I played for a long time at The Christmas Park and now Levi will often ask if we can go back.  Finally the answer was YES! :)
What a fun, fun summer day!  I know Mark was happy to have the company along for the ride.  He did come join us for another quick dip in lake before we left - so at least he didn't completely miss out on the fun!

No comments: