Tuesday, April 7, 2009

moved.


wow. we are moved! talk about work, let's just say I don't plan to ever move again!! YUCK. but it's over and we LOVE our new house!! You'll have to come see it!

I've got pictures to share, but I really don't know where the cord is to connect my camera to the computer, and the laptop is upstairs and so is the camera, and I'm downstairs...and yes, too lazy to go upstairs! :) So I'll just share a short version of our move and post some pictures another day, okay?!

So things started on Thursday, we managed to get early possession of our house late Thursday afternoon, we had to go take a look and be excited about it before the work began! Later that night, my mom took Isaiah and Levi for us while we went to move somethings and paint...The only room we really wanted to paint right away was Levi's because it was pink...so my "job-share partner" as we often refer to each other--when I'd have to say that we are now good friends (right Laura?)--came over to help...we managed to get his room painted by 1:15AM!! and it looks great!! Thank you mom and dad for keeping Isaiah over night so we could get it finished, and thank you Laura for all your help!

Friday morning we closed on the new house (we closed on our old one the Friday before, but got to live in it for a week--somehow it saved our buyer money?)...after the closing the real work began...let me just say, WE HAVE WAY TOO MUCH STUFF!! But with so much help from our families--my mom and dad, my sister, her husband and daughter, and Mark's dad and step-mom (THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!)--we managed to get everything moved by around 4pm Friday...

Poor Isaiah was sick through it all, so thankfully my mom agreed to keep him overnight again on Friday--thanks again mom and dad!! and on Saturday he woke up from his nap with a temperature of 105.4 degrees! YIKES. But he's all better now--happy as can be, and wild as ever!

And now we just unpack and unpack and unpack...it's been fun... ha ha!

2 comments:

In Light of the Truth... said...

holy cow, I had no idea you guys were moving! Can't wait to see pics of the new place! Oh and email me your new address sometime. How did Krypto do during the move? =)

cliffster82 said...

haha yes...I'd have to say we've become GREAT friends and it's been fun watching our kids become BEST friends (most of the time anyways:)