Thursday, April 9, 2009

moving pictures...

So...I didn't post anything (except the one slip about the realtors coming) on my blog about our house being for sale or our planning to move. I guess I didn't really want to post anything until I knew it was for sure, and it went so fast that we really didn't know it was for sure until it was happening! The story goes...

Mark and I decided it was time to move the beginning of February--we needed a new neighborhood that was safer for our family...We worked hard to get our house ready in just a few weeks, thankfully we didn't have too much to do, mainly cleaning and de-cluttering. On Tuesday February 24 we had our realtor come over and we signed papers to put our house up for sale. We didn't expect too much action as the media has made it sound like a horrible time to sell and we had our house on the market about a year and a half earlier and had NO success in the 5 or 6 months we had it listed. On Wednesday February 25 we scheduled two showings for our house the following day, and on Thursday February 26 we had 3 groups of people come look at it and by that evening we had two offers on our house!! We accepted the second offer and our house was sold--36 hours after it went on the market! The offer we accepted was OVER our asking price! It couldn't be better, right? (they didn't even ask for closing fees or our applicances!)

So, we quickly began looking for houses hoping to find the perfect one, we went through at least 15 different houses looking for the perfect one (and we were pretty particular about the ones we actually wanted to see)...we felt a little pressured to find something as our closing date was set for April 3, just six weeks after we put our house on the market! On Sunday March 8, Mark went through a few open houses and found our house! He called me and said, "I could make an offer on this one without you even seeing it and I know you'll love it!" I was working that day and the owners of the house were just getting home from a vacation so I wasn't able to go see it that day. The next day we went to see it and we made an offer on the spot! Things went well, and 3 weeks later we moved in!!

I just can't believe how perfectly it all worked out and how everything fell into place for us! God is good!!

Because of all the hoops that had to be jumped through for this to be final (our buyer was taking out an FHA mortgage loan), we didn't really know if it was going to go through or not until the very end of March. For this reason, we didn't start packing until days before the move... so this made things interesting for us ... and crazy on Friday April 3-moving day... Thankfully we have a wonderful family who helped us make it through...and I think Mark and I agree that we will never do this again, or a least not for a long time! I caught Mark saying a few times, "I'd rather go back to Iraq for two years than do that day (moving day) over again!"

Here is Mark and Jay (my sister's husband) with the super huge u-haul.
Mark, Jay and Mark's dad with the hardest thing we had to move-our hutch!
My sister, we ran out of boxes so she started filling up garbage bags. :)
Liahna (my niece) helping--keeping our liquor box safe-haha
My mom helping--she was on baby duty all weekend long!
Mark's step-mom, Cindy, helped move so much stuff and pack up the vehicles, I didn't get a good picture of that, but here she is playing with the kids so I could keep going!
My dad helping move more big stuff inside the new house!
Our big helper Isaiah! He looked so cute trying to move stuff inside for us--I could tell he thought he was being so helpful!
What a crazy move! It was so much work, but we got it done fast and we had very little break (a small window in the hutch and one drawer!) I'd say it was a success!

Thanks again everyone for your help! Check back, I'll post pictures of the new house next!

No comments: