Thursday, September 10, 2009

rainbows!

So, I must admit it's been quite awhile since Isaiah, Jayda and I have done an actual "project" at our house. Between the summer fun playing outside, moving and unpacking in our new house, and the babies getting older and being awake more often, I just haven't made the time to do projects here...

and I know the kids miss it...so today I decided to start up our projects again. Let me tell you, we had fun!

As a side note--I like to play bingo. I think it's fun and relaxing to go play. I might get the chance to go play once a year, usually on my birthday when it's free to play :) But, it seems like each time we've gone, Mark and I each get a new dobber (often times because we forget to bring them--or because we decide to treat ourselves to a new color because they only cost like 50 cents!). Because of this silly activity, I have quite a few dobbers in my collection! :) So I decided to use them to make a project...

First I drew a rainbow on a white sheet of paper for each kid.
Then I told them about the colors of the rainbow and how they make an arch in each color. And I helped them make each row the right color.
Ta Da!
Hopefully this is the first of many projects this fall!!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Alisha--

What a great idea! They have sets called "Do-A-Dot" art that uses dobbers similar to bingo dobbers (only much more expensive!) Anyway, when I was teaching I had them in my classroom and found this site to print of sheets from your computer to do more activities with those dobbers. My 2 1/2 year old LOVES it and it's so fun because they have one for pretty much anytime of the year. (Apples for now, pumpkins coming up, etc.!) Fun stuff! Here is the website: http://www.makinglearningfun.com/activ.html and then you just click on the theme and then on the "Bingo Marker Page" for that theme on the next page. Enjoy!

In Light of the Truth... said...

very cute!! I want to get back to doing activities again too! This time including Hannah!

cliffster82 said...

I was so impressed when Jayda showed me what she made that day!! I wondered what you used...now it all makes sense:) So fun!!