Tuesday, March 30, 2010

change.

Several months ago Laura, my job-share partner, decided it was time to quit working and be a full-time stay at home mom. She has baby #3 due in July and they are building a new home this spring so having work mixed with this was just too much. So she was done working January 28th which meant big changes at our house (and hers!)! Congratuations Laura!
I was able to quickly find a new job-share partner at work--really, you couldn't ask for a better part-time job if you are looking to only work 20 hours per week--what other part time job offers, vacation time (5 weeks for me!!), 401k, health insurance, life insurance, flexible hours, etc...so finding a partner wasn't hard!! :) My new partner, Cassy, is a full-time student and has class every morning so she needs to work afternoons/evenings...which means I get to work mornings!!

Starting February 1 I have been working 4 mornings a week from 8-1. This has been a good change for me. It's been nice getting out of the house just about every day, just long enough for me to be ready to go back home and play!

Mark also started his internship this semester (which means he graduates in May!!) and so he no longer has classes to attend, but a job to go to. He is interning at our church and has a flexible schedule!

So what about the boys? With Mark's flexible schedule, he is able to stay home 2 mornings a week to watch the boys while I work. The other two mornings that I work Laura watches the boys. (Thank you Laura!) The boys love it at her house and have so much fun with Jayda and Jonah. I am so thankful that I have no worries about the boys while I work.

So everything about the change has been just fine...except... I never get to see Jayda and Jonah!! It's been really hard for me, Isaiah and Levi not to have them at our house 2 or 3 days a week! Isaiah so often asks, "When is Jayda coming over?" or "I want to play with Jayda."

They have been over to play a few times since this big change...Hopefully they will get to come play at our house more often when Laura has more things to do with building her new home!

Yesterday was one of those days they came over...and it was great!
Watching a morning "show" while we waited for Isaiah to wake up! This pose lasted about 3 minutes and then they were all off to something more exciting than "Super Why."
Twins! Isaiah and Jayda thought it would be fun to both wear overalls!
And then vests when we went outside.

It was a GEORGOUS day! We spent most of the day outside and the kids played and played...

So the change is good...and hopefully we'll experience much more change in May when Mark graduates and gets a new job!! We can't wait to see what God has in store for us!

No comments: