Thursday, July 29, 2010

welcome ragbrai!

My dad has been riding Ragbrai all week! (He's done this several years in a row!) This year the route came through Waterloo and Cedar Falls so of course we had to watch my dad come through! The past few years my Uncle Steve from Wyoming has come and rode the week with my dad. It seems like they really enjoy it together.We got there about 15 minutes before he was to ride by and the boys had fun watching the bikes all pass us (really Levi was more interested in the digger and dirt project that was going on behind us). It was fun to see all the riders and all the different bikes that came by, Isaiah was especially impressed by the triplet (3 person bike) that he saw. I liked watching all the recumbent bikes (where you are more on your back riding) I had no idea how many different types of recumbent bikes there are!As we were watching, Mark said, "I wonder if we'll see Chris and Brian" and we literally turned our heads and there they were! It was so crazy! They had been riding all week too. And then a minute after I took the picture above, Levi dumped a handful of sand/rocks/dirt on top of my camera and it no longer works - UGH! So I didn't get any pictures of my dad or uncle. But we saw them too! What an amazing thing! Way to go bikers!

No comments: