Tuesday, September 7, 2010

happy birthday to ME! :)

It was my birthday on Tuesday August 31! just 3 days after my mom's birthday. It seems to be a pattern in our family that the kids get to have their birthday close to their mom's birthday. Mark's birthday is just 2 days before his mom's, Levi's is just 19 days before mine, and Isaiah's is just 10 days after mine. Anyway, it was a great day!

I woke up to two little boys wishing me a happy birthday with some sweet little cards (I actually woke up to find them making sweet little cards so I quickly went back to bed unnoticed and waited for them to surprise me!:)
Then Mark decided we were going out for breakfast and it was my choice (of course!) and I picked Panera Bread. yummy!
Then we were off to the mall - Isaiah told Mark that I needed to get Croc's for my birthday since everyone else in our family had them but me. Mark thought I'd rather pick them out myself than for them to guess (so sweet or he just didn't make it to the mall??? :) While I was shopping for Crocs (which I didn't find -- and still need to order online, I can't commit to a color, what do you think???) , Mark and the boys went to get my other surprise. And boy was I surprised when they brought it to me a Nook!! (An electronic book from Barnes and Noble)
It was definitely a surprise!! I knew things like them existed, but knew nothing about them. But what a perfect gift! It's basically a special non-glare screen with a little touch screen below it. You can buy books (and some are free) online to load on your Nook or borrow them from the library! So far I have just downloaded one from the library by my current favorite author (Karen Kinsbury - check her out if you like to read!). It will just automatically be returned to the library in 14 days - so no late fees- which is PERFECT for me. You don't want to know much I have spent on late fees at the library! Thanks honey!!!

We came home for naptime (I can't even remember for sure what we did) and then Mark had to go to work. Bummer - but we got to go out for dinner at the OP the night before, just the two of us. (Thanks LeAnna!!)

My dad called shortly after Mark left to say that he and my mom wanted to bring over dinner - whatever I wanted!! So they came for dinner and cake, of course! My mom has always made my sister and I special cakes for our birthdays, thanks mom! As soon as the kids saw it and the candles, they immediately started shoving candles into the cake :)
Then it was time for more presents!! And I got just what I had asked for - a really nice ice cream scoop and a lightweight cooler to take to the park for picnics (I am old, huh??). Thank you Mom and Dad.
And thanks to my sister for the ladybug flag and wall decorations that she gave me a few days before at my mom's party (does this count as your thank you note??:).
What a happy birthday! Thank you everyone for making it so special!

1 comment:

Nichole78910 said...

Yes, it counts as a thank you note :) But you have to get your new decorations hung too or it doesn't count :)