Friday, February 18, 2011

Florida Vacation 2011 | Day 7 | Epcot

We woke up Friday to our final day at Disneyworld.  The weather was supposed to be warm and sunny again, but it was actually foggy and misty.  Oh well - it was still warm (like 70 something - a good 80 degrees warmer than back home!).   We took the monorail to our last park - Epcot.
 You can see the mist in the picture.  It actually turned out to be another sunny beautiful warm day!
 We were stopped by a cast member asking if we would mind taking a survey.  So I took the kids and  in to the Innovation Center and the boys ran straight for the firetruck! Mark came to say that he signed me up to be a party of a study that would take an hour but they'd pay me $100!  I didn't mind (you all know that!). 
 I had to be at the survey place in like an hour so Grandma kept Levi so Mark, Isaiah and I could ride Test Track.  The line was so short that they let us stay on and ride it twice in a row!  Isaiah thought it was very cool.  
 I went off to do my survey (I promised I wouldn't share any detailed information about it - but it was basically looking at a few Disney website designs and my opinions on each of them).  They were so nice to me and told me I could tell people that I work for Disney World and get paid $100/hour! :)  My survey was held back stage of the Seas with Nemo and friends.  It was very fun to use the employee elevator and see the back stage lounge of this attraction!  They said it is used for private parties for people who have lots of money!
They had all kinds of drinks and cookies for those taking the survey and they told me to take whatever I wanted - so I took 5 HUGE chocolate chip cookies - one for each of us.  The boys were pretty happy about that!  We let them eat it right before lunch - we were on vacation, I figured why not!
 We then went to China for lunch and ran into Mulan.  The line was pretty long, but both boys insisted that they wanted to wait (I was definitely surprised!) but we waited and have her autograph!
 Then we went to the Kim Possible booth to accept our mission.  This was a really cute "game" where Kim and friends gave you clues to her secrets through a cell phone.  We only did one mission through Germany, but I think Isaiah and Mark could have done this all day!! 
 Grandma had taken a seat on a bench and found some friendly ducks so the boys had fun feeding the them their leftover breakfast cheerios!
The boys had a blast playing the drums - I can't remember which country these were in - but Mark and Michele ran off to ride something and get a fast pass for Soaring (today was the busiest day all week I think - it was Friday and the park had extra hours till midnight).  
I finally tore the kids away from the drums, lost Levi's binky and then went crazy looking for it - finally found it in the middle of the street and just about ran a woman over as I rushed to it (sorry lady!) and then we went and found a place of peace and quiet so the boys could just play.  This was at the  Baby Care Center - it had several rooms for people with little ones - a nursing room, a changing room, a little baby store and this play room.  We ended up playing here for at least 30 minutes.
After our break on our way to meet Daddy and Grandma, we ran into Duffy Bear.  The boys did the absolute best meeting him compared to many of the other characters -- they were both so open to hugging him and talking to him.  He is the newest character that Disney has featured - I think he was a teddy bear in some of the very old Mickey Mouse cartoons (but I could be wrong).
 We got an up close meeting with Goofy and Minnie Mouse.
 Here we are on the Finding Nemo ride.  I honestly cannot remember what part of the day we did this ride, but it was pretty.  Levi, of course, was a little nervous, but made it through - although for part of it he was laying at my feet.
 As the day got hotter, the boys were ready to play in the water.  Isaiah said he wanted to go swimming, but we found something even better!
 The boys were a big hit for all kinds of people - people stopped and watched them play and even took their pictures.  We got all kinds of "they are so cute" comments.  We let them play here for a long time.
 Good thing we brought dry clothes!!

Toward the end of the day we went to the big Mickey Gears shop to let the boys each pick out a souvenir.  We had agreed on letting them each pick one thing on our trip. Isaiah really wanted legos or this HUGE dinosaur that he found at animal kingdom.  This store didn't have the dinosaur so he picked a Toy Story lego set.  Levi picked out a plush Buzz Lightyear.  I couldn't help but take a picture of him in the Goofy hat which did not come home with us.
 We then found our seats for our final event - Illuminations.  We waited for a long time - over an hour - in our spot to make sure we had good seats and to have a snack - popcorn and ice cream.  It was a beautiful show!
 We left immediately following Illuminations - we had no idea until this time that the park was open until midnight!  I'd have to say we got the least amount done here - we really only rode a handful of rides and barely touched on any of the countries!  But that was okay, we really enjoyed what we did have time for!
 We got back on the monorail and made it back for one last night in our hotel.
 It was a bittersweet ending - we were all so tired and ready for a break, but I really love Disney World and wasn't ready to say goodbye.  I guess I'll just be dreaming about our next trip back! Who knows when that will be!!

No comments: