Saturday, August 6, 2011

Waterhawks.

Mark and I have talked about going to a Waterhawks show for years.  Whenever I drive by their arena I always think, we should go to a show this year for sure and then we never do, until this year!  It was our turn to pick our small group fun activity so we picked a night at the Waterhawks.  Of course it was in the middle of those 115 degree days where it was miserable to be outside for more than 5 minutes, but we went anyway.  All in all it was a good time, but I'm sure it would have been much better had it been 20 degree cooler -I'd also have to say, it might be a little more age appropriate in 2 or 3 more years (in other words, the boys got bored)!

A few minutes after we got out of the truck our faces were very red!
 Each family packed a picnic to eat while we were watching the show.  
 We had quite the struggle keeping all the kids up close to us (and not down the hill towards the lake!)  but I actually got a picture of all 3 boys (Caleb, Isaiah & Levi) together on the blanket.
 I love Caleb's face in this picture - this was one of the first tricks - the boys were amazed!
 I was impressed with the tricks that they did - my favorites were the stacking pyramids!  I couldn't believe how young some of the skiiers were - I think they said their youngest was 4!  I can't image Isaiah out there skiing!
Part way through the show, to keep the kids entertained (and contained!) we put them in the back of Mark's truck.

I'm not sure who's crazy idea it was to do handstands, but they were funny to watch!
 By the end, we were all beat red and sweaty!
 so we headed over to Chad and Erica's to cool off in the slip 'n slide.  The boys had fun running around in the water, but Isaiah, Caleb and Levi were all reluctant to go down the "right" way.  But they did eventually do it! What a fun way to cool off from a hot evening!
It was just another fun summer night!

1 comment:

In Light of the Truth... said...

ohmygosh, that Waterhawks show looks sooo cool!!