Saturday, September 24, 2011

25, 26 & 27


Week 25
This was quite the week!  My poison ivy was TERRIBLE - so very, very, very, very itchy right on my belly!  Between when I started the medicine Saturday to Wednesday it had gotten much worse so I called my doctor. He prescribed a tapering dose at a much higher rate.  It helped, but was still awful this week!  Otherwise, I was feeling good!  Getting big - some of my smaller maternity shirts started to get snug (already!!) and I get lots of comments from strangers about my belly.  Baby boy likes to be on the move which is lots of fun to feel!  Mark has been able to feel him move lots of times - very easily this week!  I also experienced my first charlie horse cramp this week in the middle of the night. I remember these pains with both of my other pregnancies and really, really hoped they would not show up for this one, but it wasn't the case.  After about 15 minutes the cramping was gone and I was able to go back to sleep, but did have a sore leg for several days afterwards - I have been trying to drink lots more water as I read this can really help with these pregnancy leg cramps.  Hopefully that will be the only one this time around!!  

Week 26
Another good week - still feeling pretty rested and well.  Baby is moving like crazy this week!  Mark and I were laying in bed one night and my belly just happened to be right at his tush, I felt him move several times and then Mark says, "is our baby kicking me in the butt?" and he was - even before he was born he was kicking his daddy's butt haha.  it was pretty funny.  I've noticed my belly move from the outside a couple times this week so I know his kicks are getting much stronger.  Levi started talking to the baby this week.  He said to my belly one day, "hi in there you goo goo baby."  Isaiah really hasn't shown too much interest in my belly, but knows to be careful with it.  My poison ivy was still very, very itchy this week, but has faded quite a bit - I am so ready for it to be gone!  My maternity pants make it itch more so I've been squeezing my belly in my regular jeans and they do fit - just a bit tight - by the end of the day I end up unbuttoning them! :) 

Week 27
Still feeling good, but I can tell I'm a bit more tired this week.  I even caught a nap one afternoon!  Baby continues to move like CRAZY and has kept me up late a few nights - he really likes to kick and kick and kick hard at like 11pm.  I had a doctor's appointment this week (my 26 week appointment, but it worked out to have it this week at the same time as Levi's 3 year appointment).  This was the week with the glucose test and go figure I failed.  The maximum passing level was 140 and I was 147.  I failed miserably with Levi (if I remember right like 180) and did the 3 hour test and failed all 3 hourly checks, so failing this time was no surprise.  My doctor told me ahead of time that if I failed (which is to be expected) we wouldn't take the time to do the 3 hour test I would just begin checking my blood 4 times a day.  I go back in 2 weeks so we will see what my sugar levels do.  With Levi I took my blood 4 times a day for several weeks and it was well under the 140 limit every.single.time except one shortly after I ate an entire large strawberry shake with no diet change at all!  So I'm hoping for the same results this time around!  I did gain 4-5 pounds since my last appointment at 22 weeks which brings me to a total gain of 11 - I'm good with that! Baby's heart was beating strong at 152 bpm and his head was down so the doctor has no concerns about me or the baby!  I am so blessed to have such a healthy pregnancy!

2 comments:

The Diesburgs said...

Oh no, I hope you pass your glucose next time! I wondered how that turned out for you. I drink tons of water and still get those darn charlie horse cramps too! Glad everything is going well with baby and you look great!

In Light of the Truth... said...

I still can't believe you got a widdle baby in there! We didn't find out for so long and now poof! you're almost down to the last 10 weeks! You look wonderful and I'm so excited for your family!!!