Sunday, September 4, 2011

Weeks 23 and 24

Weeks 23 and 24 have been pretty good weeks for me in this pregnancy!  As I'm looking back, I really am having a very typical pregnancy - things have been rough when expected and a little more easy going when expected too.  I continue to feel lots of movement - still the most in the later parts of the day, but also all throughout the day too.  And I can really feel him when I eat something sweet!   For the most part I feel "normal" not so sensitive to smells, rested for the most part and still sleep well.  I'm enjoying these things while they are here!

In the middle of week 24 I celebrated my birthday - and then managed to catch poison ivy (along with the rest of the family) while geocaching.  The nasty rash didn't show up until Friday morning when my eye was swollen when I woke up and I started to feel itchy.  By Saturday morning my entire face was EXTREMELY itchy and both eyes were swollen so urgent care at 8am it was - for the boys and me.  The doctor put all 3 of us on Prenizone and Benadryl.  I am a little anxious to be on a steroid and pregnant, but both the doctor and the pharmacist assured me it was okay. Lucky for me it's just on my face and belly (not sure how this happened!) and lucky for the boys it's just on their legs and arms. I sure hope I NEVER, ever have such a rash on my face again!  And tough Mark is getting through it all over his legs and arms with just Benadryl for now.

I'm so thankful that things seem to be going smoothly for this pregnancy!

No comments: