Tuesday, September 13, 2011

my bday

My birthday was on August 31.  Mark and I had already celebrated in Chicago a few weeks earlier so my plan for the day was to simply enjoy my family.   My dad surprised me first thing in the morning on his way to work with some pretty flowers and some fresh cherry tomatoes from his garden (yumm!!)
 Then we decided to head outside to go geocaching and enjoy the weather (looking back we may not have made this choice!!  all 4 of us plus Caiden ended up with TERRIBLE poison ivy!)  Our first stop was a park close to our house - while looking for the geocache Isaiah spotted this:
 and then we found it - so high up that Mark had to lift Levi as high as he could to get it! 
 Then we headed to the next geocache - the one that caused all the trouble - that we never even found!  bummer!!
 We headed home to have lunch - the kids ate mac&cheese and Mark went to get me one of my favorites - Pitta Pit!  We took the big boys to school and put Levi down for a nap and Mark and I had some time just together.  Then he had to go to work - :(  So the boys and I took off for Kammy's to go swimming in her pool!  It was a hot day and I figured probably one of the last opportunities we'd get to go swimming.  The boys had a blast -- I did too - if only the water had been 10 degrees warmer!! :)
 We got home to play and my mom and LeAnna (Caiden's mom) came to celebrate with me.  
We had another favorite of mine for dinner - taco pizza from God Father's pizza and then we went on a walk to River Hills Park where we saw many deer walking around.  They were very pretty! 
 Then it was home for desert -- THANK YOU LEANNA! and my dad joined us too.  My parents gave me their gift - Crocs - something I've been wanting - everyone else in my family has them and they are so comfortable, convenient to wear and easy to clean up - THANK YOU MOM & DAD!!  

Then it was time for stories and bed.  
What a great day!  

No comments: