Tuesday, December 6, 2011

36 and 37

36 Weeks
36 weeks fell the week of Thanksgiving.  It was a busy week for us - Mark's second week of being open at the  store, several doctor's appointments for our family (I have great eye insurance through work that both Mark and I needed to have contacts ordered by the 31st of December, Mark had a VA appointment in Iowa City, and of course a routine prenatal appointment), getting things finalized for Christmas, and trying to prepare for this little babe.  At my doctor's appointment I measured right on 36.5 weeks and the little one's heart was beating strong and in the 140s as usual.  He's head down and ready to go!  I did gain a few pounds this week - I was a little surprised!! We had a very low-key Thanksgiving this year by spending the day at my parent's house with my sister and her family (thanks Nichole for taking the picture above!).  Baby continues to move a lot and I can tell he is getting so big because his movements can be felt clearly on the outside of my belly!  I've started to have cramping in my lower belly so I know this baby is getting the hint that his time inside is limited, but nothing major yet!  

 37 Weeks
This was another busy week for us getting used to Mark's new routine (which is great - home 4 nights a week by 8!!) and more appointments - my regular doctor's visits are now weekly, and Mark had a couple more VA appointments and meetings for his business.  But the good news is we are getting them all packed in now before baby gets here!  My doctor's appointment once again went fine - measuring right on and baby's heartbeat is strong - 140s again.  And this week I actually lost 4.5 pounds so I'm thinking maybe my weight that surprised me last week was off.  My doctor scheduled for me to be induced on Monday December 12 unless he decides to come earlier on his own.  He scheduled the induction mainly because I'm ready and don't want a huge baby (Isaiah was 8lbs 5oz and Levi was 8lbs 4oz - so we have good sized babies!); he has no big concerns that he scheduled it. I definitely felt the mode to get things done this week - like move Levi into Isaiah's room - we made the final call that Levi was moving into Isaiah's room and that was that so one day (with the help of my dear friend LeAnna) he was moved.  I couldn't bear to move him into a new room and switch beds so the crib moved --but more on that later!  Baby is still moving lots, but not as much as in the past - I think he just doesn't have the room to move like he wants to and the movements are starting to be lower in my belly. As you can see from the picture, I'm getting to be HUGE and I've had a few people tell me they think my belly has gotten lower - so maybe I've dropped (isn't that what it's called?)?   But I'm trying to enjoy every minute of this belly as the days with it are numbered!  

4 comments:

Em M. said...

Looking good- hang in there!

In Light of the Truth... said...

LOVE that family pic!! I have 3 friends due in the next 3 weeks, I'm getting so very excited!!!

Lo said...

can't help but notice your silhouette with that belly matches the tree perfectly...too cute:)

Nichole78910 said...

Glad the pic turned out so cute. Must have been the photographer :). I thought they were going to, you guys all looked nice and it was a perfect setting with the beautiful fall weather.