Friday, December 9, 2011

Up goes the tree

The Monday after Thanksgiving our family put up the Christmas tree.  The boys had been waiting and waiting to do this and were sooooooo excited when it was finally time!  I think this was the only time ever that Isaiah couldn't wait for Caiden to head home for the day (we told him he had to wait until after supper and Caiden had gone home).  We have an artificial tree that we bought a few years back.  As much fun as a real tree is, I'm glad we have what we have! 
 After we got the tree together and the lights put on, it was time for the ornaments!  Growing up my mom always took my sister and I to pick out a Hallmark ornament of our choice.  I remember loving this and even more loving opening the box of ornaments each year to see all of mine from the years.  I decided to continue this tradition with my boys and I can already tell that they love it too!  (Actually Mark and I continued this tradition when we got married so we each have ornaments too) We had gone a week or so before to pick out this years ornaments - Isaiah picked the Hot Wheels Corvette which was a really hard choice for him because he really, really, really wanted one that made noise and/or lit up, but we finally convinced him that the Corvette was PERFECT for him this year.  Levi picked out Batman in no time, in fact he said that was the one he wanted before we even got there which was great for him too especially since he had a Batman birthday party.  I had a tough time picking this year but ended up getting the Minnie Mouse one in honor of our Disney trip from February.  Mark picked the countdown to Christmas guy mainly because the kids had seen it advertised on TV and thought it was really neat.  
 The boys had such a good time putting up almost all of the ornaments for us which lead to a huge pile of ornaments on the very bottom of the tree :)  We did move some of my pretty purple Christmas bulbs up higher to even it out just a little bit.  Levi got to put the star on top of the tree this year!  What a fun thing to do!  After the tree was up, there was no better way to finish the night off but to watch a Christmas cartoon before bed.
What a fun time of year especially with little boys who get so excited about every little part of the wondrous season!  

No comments: