Saturday, April 14, 2012

happy bath time!

This winter bath time was like pulling teeth at our house.  Isaiah decided that he just got way too cold when he got out of the bath and he absolutely hated baths and all out refused to take them.  It was a awful struggle to get him in the tub ALL winter long.  Of course Levi decided to agree with Isaiah and began to hate baths shortly after him.  Once I finally got them in they enjoyed them as always (they still bathe together) and spent 20-45 minutes playing together in the tub, but the crying/fussing/whining began as soon as they were tired of the tub or it was bedtime and I had to get them out - "I'm too cold" or "It's way too freezing" and other complaints came.  (Our bathroom even has a heater attached to the fan and I'd turn that on and get the bathroom VERY warm- didn't help!)  It was NOT any fun for anyone - and I will admit my boys got fewer baths this winter than I would have liked, but sometimes you do what you do to get by, right?  (Don't worry they weren't ever stinky! haha)  Along with the big boys hating the bath, the baby hated it too so he ended up showering with me so we could at least get through his without tears.  Well, a month ago or so we decided to try the baby bath again and he liked it!  In fact he smiled through most of it!  The boys were happy to be in there with him too - but of course whined all the way out of the tub.  
I'm happy to say that last night we did do baths and I'm pretty sure it was the first time since at least November that there weren't complaints of being too cold - hooray for warmer weather! :)  Maybe we are in the clear and will go back to loving our baths?  I sure hope so because as dirty as these boys get playing outside they are going to need to start the nightly bath routine again!

No comments: