Monday, April 2, 2012

sandbox

  A few times in the middle of March Levi had asked if we could get the sandbox out, but I'd pretty much just avoided it.  Two years ago we had the sandbox out and it was a mess - the boys ended up making big piles of sand all over the yard and the grass all around the box was ruined so we just never got it out last year.  (Not that the kids didn't ask -- one of them even told our doctor at their check-up we hadn't gotten it out for the year -- and that was in August or September, haha). Well, one night in the middle of March my mom was watching the boys so Titus and I could make it to a mom's night out with some girlfriends of mine while Mark worked.  And what do you suppose Levi did?  He asked grandma if they could get the sandbox out as I was trying to scurry out the door :) My mom asked if it would be okay and I figured, it's pretty much inevitable and this would get me out of doing the work so I said, "sure!"  and when I got home they had the sandbox out and full!!  Levi has LOVED it for these past few weeks and has spent lots of time all on his own enjoying it and more time with Isaiah and Caiden too.  So I'm glad we decided to get it out this year - and I think the new spot on the pavement will be better - Thanks mom for taking on this one for me! 
and yes, this is a snowboot out in the middle of the yard when it is shorts and t-shirt weather - Levi can't give up his boats just yet!  and pay no attention to the huge crack in our concrete -- we have some major work that needs to be done with our steps -- yikes!

No comments: