Saturday, December 20, 2008

space ship...

Thursday was a fun day around here! Because of our case of the stomach flu on Tuesday, Jayda and Jonah hadn't been to our house in a whole week! Isaiah was so excited to have a friend come over and play and I was excited too because I missed them too! It's been a long time since I've gone a week without seeing them! So off the toddlers went to play with who knows what (not me!:) ) while I played with the babies. Until Levi fell asleep...in the bumbo chair.

Shortly after, Isaiah comes up to me and says, "please mama, can we please play with the spaceship?" I knew whatever the spaceship was, Isaiah wanted to play with it really bad--for he used please in the sentence twice! He is usually very good about saying thank you, but please he sometimes forgets...so twice meant something big! So I said, "Sure honey, we can play with the spaceship...what is the spaceship?" He brings me the box to a toy he was given for Christmas last year (yes, a whole year ago!! and no, we hadn't opened it yet) and gives it to me. So we go up to the play room and I open the toy and realize it is a lot bigger than I expected it to be...FINALLY I get it all put together and here it is:
Needless to say, Isaiah and Jayda had a complete blast in this toy... and since Thursday morning it has been Isaiah's favorite thing EVER. "Come play in my spaceship mama" or "Come play in my spaceship dada" have been the requests of Isaiah these past few days. It has been so much fun for all of us. Thursday night and Friday we spent lots of time upstairs playing all kinds of things in the spaceship. I'm not sure how Isaiah thought of this as a spaceship from the box, but what a creative idea, and a perfect one too!





































































I was able to get the little ones away from the spaceship long enough for a snack and a nap on Thursday afternoon, and I have to share the picture of them eating their snack just because it is so adorable...look at them looking at each other with such sweet friendship in their eyes.

So if you're feeling like an adventure, come on over, Isaiah would love to give you a ride on the spaceship!

1 comment:

In Light of the Truth... said...

Ooo, Levi will love this when he starts crawling! Eli and Hannah have a little pop-up tent and they love crawling in and out!