Monday, December 15, 2008

we've been busy!

It's been awhile since I posted last! It seems like things have been extra busy around our house...I'm not really sure why, but that's okay. We've been having lots of fun. I'm going to try to think of a few cute stories to share about the past week...
I always read with Isaiah before bed time (and before nap time, exact same routine each time). We go into his room and sit right by the bookshelf and spend 15-30 minutes reading together and I get to give Isaiah a little undivided attention. When I'm ready to put him to bed, I always say, "one more story and then we have to go nigh night." Sometimes he'll pick the book right away other times he'll say, "you pick it mama." He is so used to it now that he knows when that book is done, I pick him up, he shuts off the light, and in the crib (yes--still a crib) he goes. Well, the other night, I said," one more story...which one would you like to read?" and take a look at the book he thought we needed to read before he went to bed...

I said,"Okay." and started to read it, we got about 5 words in and he flipped though the book to see that there were no pictures (as he's done many times) and he agreed to read a different one...You may be wondering what book that is, and why it's in Isaiah's collection of books...it is the Grimm's fairy tales book that he was given as a gift, yes he's a little too young and I should put it up, but I haven't...:)

Speaking of stories...I recently got out the Christmas books that I had tucked away. Isaiah loves them! He always says, "another Christmas one mama" so we've read the 5 or 6 Christmas books each time for the past week or so. He especially likes the "Elmo's twelve days of Christmas" one...in fact he has had me read (or should I say sing) this one to him at least 2 times per reading session since we got it out... unfortunately one night it got lost and we didn't get to read it :) but don't worry we found it! The first night we were reading this book we got to this page:
I read the page "Four Monsters Calling." (Three French Friends, Two Yummy Cookies, and a red monster up in a tree--no, I didn't even have to look at the book to remember the words!:) ) and turned the page to read on, and Isaiah looked at me for a second and then back at the book and then turned the page back to the "Four Monsters Calling." and looks up at me and says, "That's not a monster." and points to Elmo, "That's not a monster," and points to the monster on the far right. "That's not a monster," and points to the monster in the middle. "That's a monster!!!!!" he says and points to the monster with horns. Ha ha it was so funny. Apparently in Isaiah's mind you have to have horns to be a monster. I tried to explain that Elmo was a monster, a nice monster, but he didn't really get it.

Well, I've got more to share, but want to get this posted, so check back, maybe I'll be able to post some more soon!

No comments: