Thursday, January 8, 2009

goodbye to Christmas 2008

We had our last family Christmas gathering on Saturday. Unfortunately Mark was gone for a conference, so it was just me and the little boys. We had a nice time! Isaiah loves to go to these extended family things because there are always LOTS and LOTS of kids! I think I counted 23 kids (under 12 or so)! Isaiah got to eat his first ever candy cane! He loved it and wanted more...I think he did end up sneaking a second one (thanks to Uncle Colten!).

Santa even came and brought all of the kids a present!! Isaiah sat on his lap for just a second, Levi was asleep so I didn't wake him up to meet Santa...There's always next year. Isaiah was in awe of Santa pretty much the entire time he was there. He sat and stared at him and then moved his chair really close to him and just watched his every move. Later Isaiah asked, "where's Santa?" I said, "Santa went home." Isaiah looked up at me and said, "No, Santa's on the mountain." I'm not sure where that came from, but I thought it was pretty funny.

Mark's grandma makes each of her great-grandkids a quilted blanket for their first Christmas. Levi got to open his at this gathering. It is really adorable, it is a zoo animals pattern that goes along with the one she made Isaiah. She also makes a pillow with their name embroidered on it. Didn't she do a great job? (Try to ignore the bright green square...I didn't want to post our last name!)

And one last picture...Dakota holding his baby cousin...

So it's official our Christmas 2008 is over... only 11 months until the next one!

No comments: