Wednesday, February 3, 2010

outside, outside, OUTSIDE!

Levi has shown absolutely NO interest in going outside or playing in the snow so far this winter, (in fact, the few times I tried to take him out he just cried until we came back in)...until a few days ago. I can't remember where we were going, but about a week ago when I was getting the kids in the car, Levi wanted to walk around in the driveway. I didn't think anything of it. I let him walk around for a minute and then away we went.
Yesterday as we were coming in the house, after getting home from Laura's, Levi started kicking his legs and wanting down when I was carrying him inside. He started screaming, "outside, outside, OUTSIDE." I let him down and he was so happy and playful. I figured it was fairly warm (in the 20s somewhere) so we could play a little bit... a little bit turned into 30 minutes and his face and fingers were bright red!! (and I was getting a little nervous about him playing on the ledge right by the stairs--you know Levi's luck by now), so I decided it was time to go inside. Not to mention, by this time Isaiah had been inside by himself for a good 15 minutes, I was a bit afraid of what kind of mess he might have made. I picked Levi up and he instantly started kicking and screaming again!! Isaiah watched from the door for a little while and then came outside with socks on his hands.
I figured if he actually wants to playoutside, then I really should let him, but we were going to the front walk way instead. I carried him (kicking and screaming) through the house to the front and put him down, he instantly stopped screaming and was so happy to be outside again. We played another half hour or so out front and then it was time to go inside...so we did, Levi kicking and screaming! I think he would have stayed outside all day.
Guess what...this morning after we'd been up about an hour, Levi finds his shoe, brings it to me and says "outside." After him repeating, "outside, outside, OUTSIDE" over and over again, I decided we'd go outside...we played again for a long time and then we came inside with Levi kicking and screaming. Isaiah really didn't want to go outside, so after a couple minutes he came to the door to surprise me with his "summer clothes!" :) It's a bit difficult to have one little one wanting to play outide and one refusing to stay out more than 5 minutes. But we made it work!! :)Notice in the picture above of both boys, that Isaiah has his shorts on over top his pajama pants--he wanted to come outside in just his shorts and sleaveless shirt! I told him he could, but he needed to wear pants and his coat with it, so all on his own he went and put pants under his shorts :)

Later that night, Levi demanded to go outside AGAIN. So of course we did :) This time Isaiah actually enjoyed it for the whole time too! And we played out in the yard, not just on the path!! Maybe this outside stuff will wear off on him?? Isaiah was such a good big brother too. When Levi would fall down, he would help him back up. It was pretty cute.I guess we are supposed to get more snow tomorrow, maybe we'll have more snow adventures then!?

PS - I accidently uploaded most of the pictures in size large, I was too lazy to go back and re-upload them. Hope you enjoy them big this time! :)

No comments: