Thursday, October 20, 2011

28, 29, 30

28 weeks
This picture is posted because I love my husband! haha.  He was helping me take 28 week pictures and managed to get me in this pose -- a bit silly, but at least it shows off the bump, right?  Another pretty good week for me.  Baby continues to move all the time and likes to remind me that he's there!  I monitored my glucose levels carefully this week as I failed the test and was finally able to get my machine and test strips (silly insurance took forever to approve it).  I tested myself each morning when I woke up and 2 hours after every meal.  My levels were to be under 140 to be considered normal - if they were above that, then I knew I was eating something that I need to cut back or out of my diet.  Just like when I was pregnant with Levi, my levels were well under the 140 mark every.single.time.  Mostly in the 80s and 90s but the highest it got was 123.  Otherwise, the week went by with little to report.

29 weeks
I didn't get any good just me pictures this week to show off my belly, but we did have this one taken in my "regular" size medium t-shirt - as you can see it barely fits, but I made it work!  I continued to check my blood levels this week for a few days until my doctor's appointment - he saw my numbers and told me I really didn't need to check them often except after a meal with a lot of carbs - he saw that I had pizza during my testing period and said if I can get by with pizza then I will probably get by with just about anything -- and so far he's been right!  (Thank goodness!).  Things continue to be easy going this week, but I can really tell I get worn out much easier than the past few months.  I've realized I need to slow it down just a little bit. The boys continue to show little interest in my belly, but know that baby is growing inside.  I did develop a good cold this week which other than having to blow my nose often has really made me sleep harder at night which is nice - I tend to have really involved dreams when I don't sleep as hard - which is okay - but leave me feeling less rested when I wake up.  I

30 weeks
Another good week for me - still only testing my blood occasionally (okay - like once this week!) and it was normal.  My cold is still here, but at least that's all it is.  Baby continues to move, move, move!  He likes to hang out on my right side and do what feels like flip flops.  It's crazy to feel and Mark has been amazed more than a couple times when I've put his hand on my belly to all the movement that happens over and over and over again!  Otherwise, nothing major to report this week - It's crazy to think I'm on the downhill count - I made it past the 20s - just 10 (or 9 or 8) weeks to go!

1 comment:

JAH said...

I'm with Mark, I love the photo of you in the pink shirt. What a glow you have. You're just adorable!