Saturday, October 29, 2011

An afternoon with grandpa & grandma

A few Fridays back the boys and I went to my parents house to spend the afternoon (while Mark was working).  We really didn't intend to spend all afternoon and evening there, but there was so much fun to be had that's how it worked out!  

I have childhood memories of having popcorn parties with my family and neighbors - my dad is a big popcorn lover and he's passed that on to me!  What's a popcorn party?  Well, my dad would make a huge bowl of popcorn (or sometimes two or a big grocery sack full) and then we'd all sit together and eat popcorn - and that's that.  To this day popcorn is one of my favorite foods - probably because of these parties!  My dad hosted a popcorn party this afternoon for me and the boys.  The boys do like popcorn, Levi more than Isaiah, but they are no where near popcorn lovers --- yet!
 After the party my dad went back to work - raking up some of the millions of leaves in their yard.  He had a huge pile in the back of the driveway that the boys were excited to play in.  Both my parents also jumped in a time or two to play with the boys (not me! haha).  They both also enjoyed sweeping and shoveling the leaves back into the pile. 
A little later on, my dad got out his lawn tractor/mower and took the boys on a long ride around their yard.  They loved the ride!  I thought they looked pretty sweet with their grandpa.
What a fun fall afternoon!  

No comments: