Saturday, July 4, 2009

good morning 4th of July.

We started our 4th of July with a good laugh!!

Last night Mark and I went out for dinner and a movie while our babysitter, Morgan, watched the boys. We were gone past bedtime and Morgan always does a great job getting BOTH boys in bed before we get home (yeah, she does better than us, right? Levi is often up much later than 9:30 or sleeping in our bed). Isaiah usually sleeps through the night without waking up--and he did this again last night! Well, I never thought I'd say this is a bad thing, but last night it was...

Isaiah often will climb out of his crib and come snuggle in bed with me (and daddy and Levi). This morning was one of those mornings. He made it his normal 3 minutes of this and was ready to get up. So he moved over and I realized our bed was SOAKING wet so I knew Isaiah had peed through his diaper. So we got up and moved to the living room where I could change him. And what did I find...

Isaiah in big boy underwear with a SWIM DIAPER underneath. HA HA HA

Now, Isaiah does like to wear big boy underwear (even though every single time so far he has peed through them -- sometimes after several hours, sometimes after several minutes), and we've worked on the potty training thing, but he's still at the point where he wants control and picks and chooses when he goes on the potty. He's gone poopy at the park's bathroom several times. So I know he can, he just chooses not to be potty trained. Oh well, I know he won't be in diapers forever (right??? :)

I said, "oh, Isaiah."

and he said, "I got to wear this diaper last night. I wanted to wear this one."

No comments: