Friday, July 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Jonah Raymond!


Wow. Today is Jonah's first birthday! What a big day!

Jonah's not a part of my family, he isn't my son, nephew, or cousin. But if I had to describe him to you, I would tell you that I love him like he's my own. I've been so lucky to be a part of Jonah's life since the day he was born! I met him on his birthday one year ago today. I anticipated his birth with his mommy for the entire 9 months she carried him. Both his family and my family knew that he would be a part of our lives.

I've gotten to watch him grow from a tiny newborn baby to a funny little toddler. He has grown so much in this past year. I am so lucky to be a party of it. I am so excited to see what the next year brings!

Our family is so blessed to be such a part of little Jonah's life!

Happy Birthday Jonah Raymond!

(If you don't know the story - Laura, Jonah's mommy, and I work together, we got pregnant at the EXACT same time - our due dates were 1 day apart, and from the very beginning we planned to both work part time and watch each others' kids part time. We ended up having our babies 3 weeks apart - Jonah was early! and have spent the last 10 months watching each others kids 2-3 days a week. Our kids are like siblings.)

1 comment:

cliffster82 said...

Awww...can you believe our babies are 1 already?? Thank you for being his second mommy. You do such a great job with the little ones!!!