Sunday, July 5, 2009

the last few weeks -- in pictures.

It seems like these past few weeks - or maybe even the entire month of June has just flown by. We've been busy doing lots of fun things and time has just kept on moving! I have lots of posts that I could share with you to describe all of our fun, but because it looks like July is going to be just as fun as June, I'm going to share our fun in this one post full of pictures...

Isaiah and I met Kammy and Austin at the pool (Thanks Laura for watching Levi!)
Isaiah road his bike to the park! This was his first adventure outside the driveway on his bike. He did so good! He listened, watched for cars, and left his helmet on the whole time. When we got to the park he didn't even want to get off his bike -- he wanted to ride around the parking lot. We had fun learning about arrows that were painted on the parking lot.
Levi has been eating lots and lots of table foods. He's almost to the point that he won't eat baby food. He likes to eat what we are eating!
A night or two we've gone out geocaching... One of the treaures was hidden at UNI...my dad got a picture of Isaiah in front of the campanile. Looks like a pretty professional pose, huh?
Our church had vacation Bible School this month and Mark and I volunteered each night. I was in the nursery so I got to play with the babies and be with Levi. Isaiah came to play each time before it started.
My friend LeAnna had a conference she needed to go to for work, so I got to watch Caiden one day a few weeks ago. Caiden is Isaiah's birthday buddy (born on the same day at the same hospital! - the only two born that day there!). Isaiah, Jayda and Caiden had a lot of fun together. Especially eating lunch at the little picnic table and then jumping around on the porch.
We've had several days in the water...I've posted about just a few, but there's been LOTS more. Caiden even came over to play with us in the sprinkler one day.
Isaiah, Levi and I went to the Sturgis Falls parade. Isaiah LOVED it. I really wasn't sure if he would want to sit and watch things go by or not, but when the parade was over after 2 hours, Isaiah said, "what are they doing? why are they putting their chairs away?" I told him the parade was over and he said, "no it's not. It's not over, I want to watch more." Isaiah's favorite part of the parade was the motorcycles...and Levi LOVED seeing the bands. Every time they would come close enough that we could hear, he would raise his hands and start dancing. The people around us thought he was pretty cute! (So did I!). We also went to Sturgis Falls to walk around and see the people. Isaiah got to pick whatever he wanted to lunch -- he picked a HUGE corn dog!
Our friends Shannon, Dan and Anna were in Cedar Falls for Sturgis Falls so we got to see them a few times. I like it when they are here! This time they brought their brand new kitten Milo. Isaiah and Levi got to meet him - I'm pretty sure it was the first time either of them had held a kitten or cat.
I usually have Levi in the bathroom with me when I'm getting ready for the day. So far it has been no big deal, he'd just find something to play with or sit and "talk" to me... not any more... he found the toilet paper...ha ha ha
and also in the bathroom, Isaiah found my lip gloss! He looks good in pink, huh? silly boy.
Levi's been working on some more teeth! The bottom front two have been popped through for quite awhile now, but the top front two popped in and are quite a ways in. He's also working on the next two on top... he's had some rough nights, but he's been a trooper through it all.
When Isaiah goes to bed, sometimes Mark and I will go downstairs and watch a little TV before we go to bed. Levi will usually come down with us and eat and sometimes get so relaxed that he falls asleep too... one night he fell asleep like this...
by the way - don't look too closely at his jammys in this picture - Mark put them on and didn't realize the top was a onsie until after the pants were on :) ha ha .

No comments: