Sunday, July 12, 2009

Trip to the Strawberry Farm!

I like going to the strawberry farm to pick strawberries. I remember going with my family when I was little and the yummy strawberry shakes that we ate when we got home...

I knew Isaiah would like to go out to the farm this year so I really wanted to go as a family - plus Mark had never picked strawberries before so I wanted him to experience it! I've gone several times in the last few years, I'm not sure how Mark missed it (oh yeah, he was in Iraq--haha!).

Here we all are (minus my mom who is taking the picture), excited to start picking!

And here are a few more pictures of our fun afternoon at the farm...

I think this next picture is so sweet :) If you look closely you can see a blue port-a-potty in the background and Mark and Isaiah walking back from it...this was Isaiah's first experience in a port-a-potty -- and he LOVED it! He thought the big hole for his potty was cool! HA HA
Mark was really funny while he was picking... He went really fast and made it this far away from us. I expected him to come back with a huge basket full, but his was much less full than mine :) He tried to pick only the BIG and really red ones...
After the picking was done, Isaiah got to see the farm animals - turkeys, chickens, roosters, and bunnies. He was so interested in them and couldn't take his eyes off of them. He really didn't want to leave...but it was already WAY PAST nap time so we had to go. One of these days I'm going to get him to the petting zoo!

Of course we went home and made strawberry shakes - YUMMY!!

No comments: