Saturday, August 25, 2012

first food...

On June 20 at 6 months and 8 days we figured it was probably time to give the baby some real food - I remember with Isaiah I was excited at 4 months to start cereal and then couldn't wait for 6 months to give him some baby food - this time around, it wasn't quite that way! :) I chopped up some carrots with  our little chopper and Mark fed them to him - he ate them okay, wasn't thrilled, but ate some.  The first several weeks after he just about refused all baby food - homemade or store bought - cereal, applesauce, sweet potatoes, pears, anything.  As we gave it to him more, he will eat it, but still much prefers 'real' food like crackers, noodles, bits of peaches, apple, green beans, etc.  

I love the expressions on his face in these pictures - what in the world are you putting in my mouth?  what is that on my lips?  really?  haha :)

No comments: