Wednesday, September 26, 2012

it finally popped out!

Isaiah had been waiting and waiting for a loose tooth.  Caiden, Isaiah's best buddy, lost like 9 teeth while they were in preschool last year and Isaiah didn't have a single loose tooth.  I wasn't surprised as I had read that kids usually start loosing teeth closer to 6 and tried to explain this to Isaiah, but he was still always feeling around in his mouth and was so excited when he FINALLY had a loose tooth.  He wiggled and wiggled it for days and days and then the excitement wore off and turned into excitement for kindergarten.  The days went by and he didn't mention it anymore...

On the 4th day of school, Mark picked Isaiah up from school.  When they loaded up in the van Isaiah was not buckling himself in (Isaiah has been buckling himself in for a few years now!).  Mark asked him why he wasn't buckling in and he said he couldn't.  He asked why and Isaiah said, "because I have a tooth in my hand!"  He was soooo excited and Mark was too.  They called me right away (I was at work) to share the news.  I could hear the smile on his face as he told me.  I said to him, "What did your classmates think of you loosing a tooth?" and he said, "I don't know, I didn't tell them."  "You didn't tell them???"  "Nope," he said.  "Well, what did Mrs. Fegley think?" I asked him, "I don't know I didn't tell her either."  "WHAT??? you lost your tooth at school and didn't tell anyone?" "yeah...'cause I wanted it to be a surprise for you."  :)  What a sweet boy.  He wasn't kidding either as I told Mrs. Fegley the next morning when I dropped him off and she had no clue.  
My mom had given Isaiah a toothfairy book a few days beforehand that came with a little tooth bag to leave for the toothfairy.  He was very excited to put it to use.  He also knew that the toothfairy would definitely leave his tooth for him because that's what the toothfairy did for Caiden.  When I think back to when I lost teeth, I'm pretty sure the toothfairy took my teeth....

It just so happened that it was a really warm and clear night so we had a chance to layout in the front yard and look at the stars before it was time for bed.
The next morning Isaiah was sooooooooooooooooooo excited and happy that the toothfairy had left him a surprise in his little bag as a reward for loosing his tooth.  She left him 2 50cent pieces and of course his little tiny tooth was still there too.
It's amazing to me how the "firsts" just never stop coming.  What an adventure life brings!

No comments: