Sunday, September 23, 2012

the Falls

 I'll admit it - I avoided the pool this summer.  My boys, especially Levi, have absolutely no fear of water and have no problem jumping right in no matter how deep it is.  As hot as this summer was I knew that the pools would be super crowded and it pretty much terrified me thinking of having 3 boys all by myself at the pool...so we just didn't go!  We did, however, have our pool out in our yard and we were in the water almost daily.  BUT it was on that summer to do list at Isaiah's request to go to "the pool by Carson's house" aka the Falls.  The last week the pool was open I was feeling oh so guilty that we hadn't made it yet so I decided that Saturday we'd go no matter what.  Well, it was 68 degrees and cloudy and looked like rain that day, but we went anyway!  The boys didn't care about the weather and had an absolute BLAST. 
 I was so thankful that it was next to empty at the pool so I could keep an eye on them while sitting back with Titus.  I could see where they were with no problems and the lifeguards were not distracted to help me out too! After being there and realizing that the pool geared for smaller kids really didn't get all that deep, we probably would have been okay more times this summer - and I probably would have been on pins and needles the entire time we were there.
Isaiah wasn't quite tall enough to go on the slides by himself, and obviously I couldn't be the adult to go along with him so he was bummed about that.  I told him that if we found someone we knew that I'd ask them to please, please, please stay with Levi and Titus or go on the slide with him, but unfortunately there were only like a grand total of 20 people there (4 of them being us) that I didn't know anyone.  So next year, we will definitely make it so he can do the slides. 

We did make it around the lazy river several times, but I think we got "in trouble" with the lifeguards every single time.  Titus didn't want to stay sitting in the tube and neither did Levi so I was walking through the river with two little boys in my arms trying to keep their tubes in line with us too - yikes!  After Isaiah realized the slides were not going to be an option, he wanted to do the lazy river one more time, I just couldn't bear to do it again and have the evil eye from the lifeguards again so I told him he could go by himself!  He was happy with that and did pretty good floating around! 
Because of the low attendance, they did close early that day at 4:30pm which actually worked out well - it gave me a way out - because I'm pretty sure my two big boys would have loved to stay all day and night long! All in all I'm glad we went!  I'm sure we will be back next year!

No comments: