Friday, September 21, 2012

the big day

When I got the book The Night Before Kindergarten, I remember thinking that day is so far off...but I blinked my eyes and it was time to read it with Isaiah.  He was SOOOO excited the night before and I was too - but also quite a bit sad - I just can't believe my baby is a kindergartener! :)  His excitement made it so much more exciting for all of us!
We picked out his outfit the night before and he was up and dressed before I even got out of bed the morning of the first day.  He couldn't wait to go - we finally went outside for pictures and to start walking WAY before we needed to.  :)
It was fun to see all the other families walking toward the school that morning.  Isaiah walked proudly all the way there.  Both big boys were super excited to see the "real" crossing guards helping the kids get across the street safely.
 We didn't realize that we were supposed to walk outside to the K-1 playground to drop him off, but we had fun walking through the school and looking around in his classroom one more time.  We found his teacher, he put his bag down and off to the playground he ran!  We waited for them to blow the whistle and line up to go inside.  He gave us a BIG grin and walked in like a million bucks! 
Mark and I were like "okay now what?" once we dropped him off - such a weird feeling!  So we let Levi decide what he wanted to do -- and no surprise that he wanted to go to the mall.  Levi loves the mall for some reason - I think it's the pretzel bites we buy there every now and then :)
The morning and early afternoon flew by, and before we knew it Isaiah's first day of kindergarten was over!  (He had shortened days the first 4 days of school).  We went back to pick him up and he was all smiles and so excited to see us!  He said it was a great day and was eager to go play on the playground afterwards. 
And that was that - we officially have a KINDERGARTNER in our house! 

No comments: