Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Levi at 4.

My sweet little Levi James turns 4 years old August 12.  I cannot remember life without him, but 4 just seems so big!  I have so many favorite things about him and I wanted to document just a few of them here so I can always look back on them...

* One of the best things he says is, "is it up time?" or "can I wear this for up time?" or "it's not dark out so it's up time."  He refers to daytime as up time and it is just so darn cute! :)

* He is definitely our spitfire boy.  His personality is bold and it's all the way or nothing - there is no in between with him.  I hope that he uses this trait to his advantage some day and always does things the best he can!

* He also is the boy that will always keep my heart pounding!  He continues to have absolutely no fear for anything - if it's the water, he will dive right in, if it's the playground, he wants to go as high as he can, if it's wrestling with his dad or brothers, he will be as tough as stone.  The boy rarely cries about an injury, but bumps and tumbles pretty hard!  When he falls, I can hear him whispering to himself, "I'm okay, I'm okay, I'm okay."  And if it's a big fall, he will say this out loud to me (and himself) sucking in the tears!

* Levi is so sweet to his baby brother and loves to play with him which means we've always got to keep an eye on him because this fear nothing boy isn't afraid to drag his baby brother into the danger zone! :)  He likes to share with him (but only when he wants to) and has been caught sharing licks of a sucker or bites of a cookie with him :)  lucky baby!

* Eating continues to be a daily challenge.  He only eats what he likes which isn't too much -- but I know this is very typical so I'm not worried.  Sure hope maybe this year he will grow out of that!  His absolute favorite food is cheese ravioli with sauce on top (the frozen kind -- super easy! no complaints there! haha).  He also likes chicken nuggets, cheese, pizza, apple slices, pears, grapes, peanut butter sandwiches

* At his 4 year old doctor's check up (on 8/15/12) he weighed in at 41.0 pounds (85%) and 41.0 inches (63%).  He was able to see the pictures on the chart and impressed all the nurses when he said "American Flag" at the picture of the flag.  His doctor had no concerns and was happy to see he was a healthy boy.  We opted for the shots this year as Isaiah did awful with them at his 5 year appointment last year.  I have to say that I'm not sure Levi's appointment was any better :)  but at least this time I knew what to expect.  He screamed and screamed as we tried to pin him down to get the 3 shots over with, he had real tears dripping and was red in the face, but after I pretty much laid on him the nurses worked quickly to get all 3 shots done - which the screaming actually stopped as they were doing the shots.  All the while, Isaiah and Caiden (who just happened to be spending the day with us) were holding their hands over their ears and Titus was in his car seat screaming himself! Thankfully we were in a closed room so no one could see (but only hear) the scene we were creating! haha.  Oh well, they are done and as promised, I took Levi and the boys to get a snow cone as a reward.  As we were eating our snow cones, Levi says, "Actually those shots weren't so bad after all." :)

* Levi continues to be very independent --- when he wants to be.  He wants to do things at his own pace and way, but when he just doesn't feel like it he things someone should do it for him.  Isn't this the story of all of us?

* He no longer loves, LOVES his blankie which is a bit sad for me, but exciting for him!  It was something that he couldn't sleep without for such a long time (maybe you remember back to the story where we turned around after 45 minutes just to get it at the hotel - yes it was worth an extra hour and a half in the car at that time!).  If I find the blankie which somehow still ends up all over the house even though I never seem to see him with it, I will give it to him and he will give it a big hug and then forget about it again.  He never asks for it and I'm not sure he even remembers that it was such a big deal to him.

* He does, however, still request "milk in a sippy" every night after supper.  I know it's not what experts suggest, but I give it to him anyway.  He normally drinks out of a regular cup all day long, but I find he doesn't hardly drink anything.  If I give him a sippy, he will drink the whole thing in minutes.  I figure a sippy of milk is better than no milk at all.

I could go on and on about Levi - he truly has his own unique personalty.  He is such a good boy, and such a rowdy boy, but I wouldn't want him any other way.  Love you Levi James! 

No comments: