Friday, June 21, 2013

silly boys at Target

Shopping trips to Target with 3 boys is always an adventure.  There is no question that wild things will happen and unplanned things will make it in the cart.  On this particular day, it was one of those frustrating ones where all the big "semi" carts are taken (the ones with 2 big seats and the cart seat so I can strap everyone in), but we went with it.  I can't remember if we had a lot or a little that we were shopping for, but I do know the boys had fun going out to the van.  
 I do remember getting several dirty looks from people that clearly said, "I can't believe that woman is letting her kids do that" and "what a bad mother!" And you know, maybe it wasn't the safest choice for my children, and maybe their looks were right, but what I can say is the boys loved every second of the 2 minute walk to the car and the smiles/giggles warmed my heart and I think this may be a memory we have for a long time.  And as surprising as it is, Levi didn't get hurt in the process!  (and no I didn't let them do this all the way through the store -- just from the check out to the van which was in a close parking spot!)
So cheers to letting your kids do crazy things -- even if it means dirty looks -- because sometimes it's these things that get you through the shopping trip! 

No comments: