Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas part 2

We woke up Christmas morning excited for the day! (Really, Mark woke up early excited for the day and couldn't wait for us to wake up, so he woke me up -- then Levi woke up shortly after me, and he then woke Isaiah up :).

We quickly hurried downstairs to the fireplace to see if Santa made it to our house!
A side note on that, Christmas Eve as I was tucking Isaiah in bed we were talking about Santa coming and he said, "I can't wait to see Santa and play with him." I explained to him that Santa wouldn't be stopping to play, he would drop the presents off while we were sleeping. He got really upset and had tears in his eyes, "but I want him to stay and play." It was so innocent!
Anyway, do you think we were good this year and Santa made it to our house? Yep, we were - even Mommy and Daddy got presents! see...
He left 2 presents and a little candy for each boy and 1 present and a little candy for each parent!

Grandma and Great-Grandma from Florida sent Isaiah and Levi an extra special gift this year! It is so big that we had it hiding downstairs on Christmas morning. It was a bit of a distraction for the Santa gifts! ha ha. So we let the kids play with it first! Thank you so much Grandma and Great-Grandma!!!After lots of fun on the Jeep, we were able to get Isaiah distracted enough to read the letter that Santa left for him and check to see if he ate the milk and cookies he left out. The letter, by the way, said that he was sorry he couldn't stay and play :) Santa ate a bite out of each of the three cookies Isaiah set out and drank all of the milk! Isaiah was pretty excited about this!
Getting Levi away from the Jeep was not happening! We attempted to get him to open a present, but he just reached for the Jeep! :)
so we gave in and let him take the present to the Jeep! :) After more time on the Jeep, we headed upstairs to open the presents that we had for the boys. We decided to give each boy 3 presents - like the 3 gifts that Jesus received from the kings. One representing gold, frankincense and myrh.

Isaiah
-- Gold (something he might really, really want) - Discovery Toys match game/shapes puzzle
--Frankincense (used to make incense that was used during worship - so something spiritual) - A Preschool Devotional book (which, by the way, is PERFECT for him, we have read it every day starting on Christmas, I'd recommend it!
--Myrh (used to preserve in Jesus' time) - A new pair of "comfy" pants - black fleece from Old Navy!

Levi
--Gold - A nice and sturdy shopping cart! (He loves to push things around!)
--Frankincense - "Jesus Loves Me" Life & Look book
--Myrh - A pair of "comfy" pants - navy fleece from Old Navy.
waiting for daddy to get the cart together.Mark and I exchanged gifts too - and he spoiled me (as always!) :) The birthday present that he got for me this year went back to the store, so he felt like he needed to get me a Christmas and Birthday present together (which I totally was NOT expecting!) and he gave me a little tiny computer called a netbook (I think!). He knows that I love to blog, edit my pictures and make photobooks and knew that a little computer with a huge battery would be perfect for that. I am so lucky! :)

(my gifts to him did not compare - just a few xbox games, the Bible on CD/MP3 for his Ipod and a crock pot - see I told you!:)

Anyway, next we went over to my parents house to spend Christmas Day with them. Because of the forecasted storm, my grandma and aunt stayed home, so it was just my immediate family. I didn't take too many pictures because I knew my parents were taking them too...but I haven't gotten copies of theirs yet so here's a limited display of what happened there.
Isaiah, Liahna and Aunt Nichole playing with Isaiah's new pizza party! Levi crawling through his new tunnel & tent.And the toys Isaiah and Levi decided to get out in the hall way when we said it was time to go home. :) And yes, Levi is STILL in his jammies!

We left shortly before bedtime (around 7:30) so that we could be home in time to play with the new Christmas toys (AKA the Jeep) before we had to get them to bed.

What a Merry Christmas we had.

No comments: