Tuesday, January 5, 2010

our bedtime conversation

Isaiah and I were laying in his bed together after reading stories and I said to Isaiah,

"We get to see daddy tomorrow!!!"

He looks at me with a HUGE smile!

"Aren't you excited??"

"YEAH!!" he pauses, "Does he get to go back up in an airplane and fly to us?"

"Yes he does!"

"Will he fly right to us and down our fireplace?"

I smiled, "No. He'll fly to the airport and then drive home."

"Oh... well, where is the airport? Is it this way or this way or this way or this way?" pointing in every direction (a very common question he asks all the time.)

"It's that way," I pointed which way.

"Oh. well, I can't wait to see him tomorrow."

"Me either!"

Isn't that sweet?? Mark's been in sunny Arizona for the past 4 days at a conference for school...we were glad he got to go learn and enjoy the weather (73 degrees versus our negative 30 windchill's), but we sure missed him here. We can't wait to see him!! And play king of the mountain with him! (I'll have to explain that in another post!)

No comments: