Saturday, August 21, 2010

all set...

In just one week Isaiah will be starting preschool! We've been talking about this with him for a long time. He is so ready. And so excited (most of the time)! We did have our first parent meeting last week, and Isaiah gets to go meet his teachers this week!

He does have a short list of supplies that he needs for school so a few weeks ago, Mark, Isaiah and I made a trip to the store to pick them out! (Thanks mom for watching Levi!). Of course, the most fun thing to pick out was his backpack.

I was originally thinking that I wanted him to pick out a non-character bag, but after some more thought, I realized he will only be little for a short time and won't be interested in the characters for long - so whatever he wants is what will be! And there is absolutely no surprise in the backpack that he picked out. We picked out our other things, but it was not nearly as fun for Isaiah. The one funny thing was he needs a pack of pencils. After looking at all of his options, he picked the plain "original" yellow pencils with the pink erasers. Nothing fancy for this boy! :)

We got to my parents to pick up Levi and Isaiah was so excited to show off his new backpack!

I've talked with Isaiah several times in the last few weeks to get a feeling for what he's thinking about preschool. All along he's had it in his mind that he has to be 4 before he goes to school. I've always responded that he will be almost 4 when he starts school. A few days ago we were talking and I said, "Isaiah you get to start preschool next week!!!" and he said, "no, I don't need to go until I'm 4." I asked him if he was scared to go and he got a shy look on his face and said, "yeah." I reminded him that Caiden will be in his class with him and that they can stick together and he was excited again. I know he will love it, and it will be so good for him, what a big change coming!! How exciting!!

1 comment:

The Diesburgs said...

I can't believe he is starting preschool!What a big boy! I bet Mommy will she dmore tears than he will!(I will too someday, I'm sure)