Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Knockel Reunion

My Grandma Irene's side of the family has an annual family reunion the last weekend in July. It is a big deal. There is always a big horseshoe tournament, a big potluck style meal, kids running around and lots of conversation - it's about the only time of the year that many of this side of the family get together! It is always held at the same park in Cascade, Iowa. The weather was beautiful this year! I remember in years past it has been unbearably hot, but not this time around. We walked down to the lake and watched a few people fishing - next year we may be ready to bring our own fishing poles!Mark and my dad really enjoy the horseshoe tournament - Mark looks forward to it all year long! Levi was very interested in the horseshoes and got to play a little bit too.The old, old playground that I remember playing on as a little kid is still there! It was fun to see my kids enjoying the playground like I remember it. (I must admit it was a bit scary having them up so high - it had to have been at least 15 feet up!)We also found a toad. The boys were so excited (I think this was like the 5th frog/toad we've found this summer!) Isaiah really wanted to catch it, so Levi and I guarded the frog while Isaiah went on a mission to find a container. Levi took his job very seriously! :) It was cute. Grandma came to the rescue and we captured the poor toad.The boys played with the little toad for the rest of the afternoon. I'm sure the little guy was so releaved when we eventually let him go by the lake later that day.What a fun reunion! See you next July!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Alisha! Got your comment! I may have a spot for second semester that Levi could fill if you'd be interested? Let me know!

Nichole78910 said...

A fun day - glad that we all went!